Anchor: #i998894

Section 3: Acquisition of Replacement Lands (Federally funded projects)

Anchor: #i998899

For State and LPA

The FHWA may require the purchase, outside of the right of way, of replacement land for certain types of property acquired for the right of way. The extent of replacement land purchased depends on the specific mitigation commitments made in the project's environmental document. Title 23CFR 771. 135 may require replacement land for a right of way acquisition from a significant publicly owned park, recreation area, wildlife or waterfowl refuge, or any significant historic site. Title 23, CFR Part 777 may require replacement land for privately owned wetlands acquired for right of way. In addition to the above, refer to Transportation Code, §203. 004 and §203. 051.

Previous page  Next page   Title page