Manual Developers: The following text is a description of the content of this section (called a page). The language should refer directly to the content of the page and include keywords or phrases that a user would enter when searching for information relating to the page’s topic. A user only sees this page description when reviewing search results.
Please note in your review comments if the following description is inaccurate:
This page discusses payment procedures for negotiated parcels in transactions associated with r/w property acquisition. It addresses local public agency authority.
Section 5: Payment Procedures for Negotiated Parcels (for local government)Anchor: #i1002562
Precede or accompany requests for reimbursement on negotiated parcels (including the cost of land, improvements and property adjustments necessitated by the right of way taking) by or with the instruments of conveyance and assurance of title for the parcels.
Submit requests for reimbursement on eligible negotiated parcel costs to the ROW Program Office on ROW-A-15, Payment Request, supported by one copy of Form ROW-N-20AB, Tabulation of Cost & Request for Reimbursement. The following instructions are pertinent to preparing Form ROW-N-20AB for negotiated parcels:
Indicate the parcel number in Column 1.
- Show the local government's gross cost in Column 2. This figure is the cash consideration paid directly to the property owner as recited in the deed, and the cost of property adjustments (required by the right of way taking).
- Compute the local government's requested reimbursement
on negotiated parcel costs shown in Column 3 as follows:
- Reduce the State's approved value by the retention value applicable to each improvement retained by the owner. The resulting adjusted approved value establishes the basis for determining State reimbursement. The amount shown in Column 3 will be the lesser of the State's pro rata share of the adjusted approved value or the State's pro rata share of the gross parcel cost shown in Column 2.
- Column 5 is the total of Columns 3 and 4 and is the total reimbursement requested.
- List the improvements retained by the owner in negotiations in Column 6. These item numbers are identified on Form ROW-A-10, Tabulation of Values.
- The local government's expenditures for moving or adjusting improvements as required by the right of way taking must be shown in Column 7. The gross cost to be shown in Column 2 is the sum of the amount shown in Column 7 and the consideration recited in the deed.
- Indicate total acreage conveyed by all instruments supporting the reimbursement submission in the lower portion of ROW-A-15, Payment Request.