Section 4: Pre-Appraisal ContactAnchor: #i1004405
The pre-appraisal contact should be a personal meeting. During this meeting, give the property owner information on the overall timing of right of way acquisition, the general type of facility to be constructed, and the appraisal procedure that will follow. However, do not make a commitment to value or make an offer before receiving approved values. Also, use this contact to initially determine existence of the following items:
- Anchor: #DEOBTQWU
- property improvements Anchor: #OUEPFJUR
- leasehold interests in improvements on the property Anchor: #MGBIKYTI
- known hazardous materials affecting the property Anchor: #UVMCJKWN
- known or evident underground improvements Anchor: #YVACWLKP
- known liens against the property Anchor: #KVMXVGHR
- advertising signs on the property.
During pre-appraisal contact, resolve any possible controversy with the property owner by distinguishing between realty being acquired and personalty not being acquired.
Pre-appraisal contact is discussed in TxDOT's ROW Appraisal and Review Manual. Complete form ROW-A-PAC Pre-Appraisal Contact with Property Owners during the pre-appraisal contact.