Manual Notice: 2013-01
From: John F. Obr, P. E., Director, Construction Division
Manual: Construction Contract Administration Manual (CCAM)
Effective Date: May 01, 2013
This manual notice transmits revisions to the manual and provides clarification and additional guidance for the policies and procedures of the Construction Division.
These revisions bring the CCAM into compliance with the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and Texas Administrative Code (TAC).
Chapter 4, "Job Records"
- Section 4, "Project Records"
- Under Subhead "Contractor's Labor Payrolls," replaced "social security number" with "worker's individual identifying number" in the list of information the first payroll record for each employee must contain.
- Deleted the following sentence: "Employee social security numbers, addresses, and phone numbers need only appear on the initial project payroll record and on the first payroll on which a new employee appears."
Chapter 6, "Control of Materials"
- Section 3, "Buy America"
- Under Subhead "Overview," revised the last bullet to add the text in bold: "materials are temporarily installed and not left in place when work is completed."
Chapter 14, "Business Opportunity Programs"
- Section 1, "Program Overview"
- Under Subhead "Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Program (State Contracts)," revised the following sentence to add the text in bold: "The SBE Program applies to highway improvement contracts that are 100% state funded or that involve federal funding and do not have a DBE goal provided."
- Section 2, "Contract Reporting Requirements"
- Under Subhead "DBE/SBE Monthly Progress Reports," revised the following sentence to add the text in bold: "The DBE reports will pertain to all federally-funded contracts, and the SBE reports will pertain to 100% state-funded projects and federally-funded projects that do not have a DBE goal provided."
Chapter 16, "Local Government Contract Oversight"
- Section 2, "General Requirements
- In the table entitled "State Requirement Bid Document Preparation," under "District Monitoring Responsibilities," revised the following SBE requirement to add the text in bold: "Applicable to projects that are wholly funded with state funds and federally-funded projects that do not have a DBE goal provided."
If you have questions or require assistance, please contact Roxana Garcia-Zinsmeyer of the Construction Division at 512/416-2482.
Past manual notices are available in a pdf archive.