Section 6: Inventory ControlAnchor: #i1001510
The warehouse maintains an accurate inventory of all material designated for TxDOT use.
The Responsible Branch maintains accurate inventories of all approved warehouses.
The procedure for maintaining inventory is as follows:
- All material is identified by batch/lot/heat/coil numbers as designated by the material manufacturer.
- Forms 1908 and 9.42 are completed using batch/lot/heat/coil numbers.
- Respective inventories kept by the warehouse and Responsible Branch are maintained by batch/lot/heat/coil numbers.
The warehouse and Responsible Branch are responsible for adjusting inventories for the following:
- expired material
- damaged material
- discontinued material
- discrepancies in material quantity found during periodic inspections
- approved material returned to stock.