Section 5: Daily Monitoring
District staff should note on their daily work reports work performed by DBEs. The following observations should be noted in the daily work reports specific to their operations:
- Anchor: #GSQOBRVA
- The names of the DBEs working on the project. Anchor: #i999489
- Does the DBE have a foreman supervising
the work or is the prime contractor or another subcontractor supervising
the DBE’s work?
- Anchor: #BWQREXEL
- Note the name of the foreman and who he works for.
- Is the DBE using its own equipment or that
of the prime contractor?
- Anchor: #QICCKPMW
- Note the company name on the equipment being used by the DBE.
- Is the DBE performing the work it was subcontracted
to do or is the prime contractor or another subcontractor performing
- Anchor: #KEFABJND
- Note the general description of the work the DBE subcontractor is performing or note if the prime contractor or another subcontractor is performing work that the DBE should be performing.
- Are the DBE’s employees performing the
- Anchor: #JSHOTFQD
- Note if the DBE and prime contractor or other subcontractors are sharing employees.
If the project site inspector has reason to believe the DBE subcontractor is not performing a CUF, document the observations and bring them to the attention of the DDC and DOC for further investigation and action.