Chapter 9: DMS SubcontractorsAnchor: #i1002021
Section 1: Overview
During the course of a project, a prime contractor may want to add additional DBE subcontractors. This includes DBE subcontractors that were not part of the utilization plan. The prime contractor can add subcontractors in DMS after a contract record has been created by the district staff.
Prior to any DBE subcontractor working on a federal-aid project, the prime contractor must request approval by adding the subcontractor in DMS. This includes race-neutral participation on projects with or without DBE goals.
Requests must include the subcontracting firm name and contact information, a description of the work to be performed, bid items, and the total dollar amount of the subcontract.
Any work done by a race-neutral DBE, regardless of NAICS codes should be counted as race-neutral participation provided they are performing a CUF.Anchor: #i1002046
DMS Contract Set Up and Use Procedures
The following sections summarize general DMS contract set up responsibilities and procedures performed by the district staff.Anchor: #i1002056
- Anchor: #LYJEDTHJ
- Each TxDOT District is responsible for its assigned federal-aid projects in DMS. Anchor: #i1000327
- This responsibility will generally be delegated to the DDC. Anchor: #i1000335
- The contract record will be set up after contract award and prior to start of work. Anchor: #i1000343
- The District will notify the prime contractor in DMS when the contract record has been created.
Prime Contractor Responsibility
- Anchor: #JXHGCFIV
- At time of District notification, the prime contractor is responsible for setting up DBE race-neutral participation in DMS. Anchor: #i1000367
- The prime contractor will need to notify all its DBE and non-DBE tiered firms of subcontract set up, monthly reporting, and payment approval responsibilities that they must perform in DMS. Anchor: #i1000375
- DBE prime contractors must report subcontractor activity for all subcontractors to include DBEs and non-DBEs.