Section 2: Daily Monitoring
LG staff should monitor work performed by DBEs. The following observations should be noted in the daily work reports specific to their operations:
- Anchor: #JTSWGULE
- The names of the DBEs working on the project. Anchor: #RDRLMYAE
- Does the DBE have a foreman supervising
the work or is the prime contractor or another subcontractor supervising
the DBE’s work?
- Anchor: #SLTRFODT
- Note the name of the foreman and who he/she works for.
- Is the DBE using its own equipment or
that of the prime contractor?
- Anchor: #WGFIGNGX
- Note the company name on the equipment being used by the DBE.
- Is the DBE performing the work it was
subcontracted to do or is the prime contractor or another subcontractor
performing the work?
- Anchor: #DOMJJNOM
- Note the general description of the work the DBE subcontractor is performing or note if the prime contractor or another subcontractor is performing work that the DBE should be performing.
- Are the DBE’s employees performing the
- Anchor: #XBNFDUVW
- Note if the DBE and prime contractor or other subcontractors are sharing employees.
If the LG project site inspector has reason to believe the DBE subcontractor is not performing a CUF, document the observations and bring them to the attention of the LG DBE Coordinator for further investigation and action. These observations may warrant a need to perform a CUF review. Daily work report records should be considered in the CUF review.