Chapter 3: DBE Program AuthoritiesAnchor: #i998935
Section 1: Overview
The DBE participation requirements in federal-aid highway contracts are contract provisions like any other contract provision and should be administered as such. DBE administrative issues that will require review and attention may arise during a project. These issues will require the LG to have an adequate background of the DBE program. The LG should solicit the advice of TxDOT in resolving these issues as needed.
The most current version of the DBE Special Provision is included in the bid documents of all federally-funded projects. The goal will be a percentage of the contract amount and is listed in the bid documents.
LG DBE specification and contract provisions include the following:
- Anchor: #DAIURWXR
- Advance Funding Agreement (AFA) / Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Anchor: #WEUKLDRC
- Definitions Anchor: #BSRCACBF
- DBE contract goal Anchor: #XFVYFJTP
- Eligibility criteria Anchor: #LIEKYNKJ
- Good faith effort provisions Anchor: #NBNNBTYV
- Commercially useful function evaluations Anchor: #IAHPCBXE
- Sanctions on failure to comply with DBE requirements Anchor: #PHBMFWGE
- Determination procedures on counting DBE participation toward the DBE goal Anchor: #AUNISOHV
- Award documentation procedures Anchor: #SMDEOAEP
- Post-award compliance provisions, and Anchor: #ABDSSUGG
- Records and reporting requirements.