Section 2: Payment of Commissioners' AwardsAnchor: #i1000124
Make payment requests for Commissioners' Awards to the ROW program office in Austin and include:
- one Form 132;
- the current title policy commitment; and
- a certified copy of the award or judgment.
When the Commissioners' Award includes parcels which are under the same ownership and are not abutting, include separate title policy commitments for each such parcel or in the department's transmittal, set out that separate title policies will be issued for each parcel included in the award.
Perform the following steps:
- Prepare the Notice of Deposit after receiving the warrant for payment of the award.
- Promptly deliver the warrant to the clerk of the court for deposit into the registry of the court.
- Obtain and keep the clerk's receipt showing the date of deposit into the registry of the court.
- Forward a copy of this receipt to the ROW program office in Austin to document the date possession is taken by the State.
- To avoid unnecessary payment of interest when no objections are filed to the award, deposit the State's warrant into the registry of the court before, or no later than, the time that the Judgment in Absence of Objections is signed by the judge of the court.