Manual Notice: 2019-1
From: Camille Thomason, P.E.
Manual: Hydraulic Design Manual
Effective Date: September 12, 2019Anchor: #DPNJDPPW
To implement new research and best practices.Anchor: #MMGEKHLG
The following updates were made to the Hydraulic Design Manual:
Chapter 4 – Hydrology
- Anchor: #HMIYAPUF
- Section 2 – Added brief discussion on significant digits. Anchor: #BCWMYSJU
- Section 9 – Updated Statistical Analysis of Stream Gage Data with new release of USGS Bulletin 17C. Anchor: #NOMSHMXL
- Section 10 – Updated mean annual precipitation map for use in Regression equations. Anchor: #BTNMBAPO
- Section 11 – Minor edits to time of concentration (Tc) guidance. Anchor: #SQQDGMJK
- Section 12 &13 – Updated to NOAA Atlas 14 rainfall data. Anchor: #EDALBWCQ
- Section 13 – Update on Rainfall Temporal Distribution based on NRCS guidance. Anchor: #XMACEHKJ
- Section 13 – Added additional Peak Rate Factor (PRF) guidance.
Chapter 15 – Coastal Hydraulic Design
- Anchor: #HYRBNTPT
- Added a new chapter providing guidance for designing or evaluating coastal hydraulic transportation infrastructure projects.
The revised manual supersedes prior versions of the Hydraulic Design Manual.Anchor: #LFOHNFGN
Please direct any questions about this manual to Ab Maamar-Tayeb, P.E., CFM at (512) 416-2328 or Abderrahmane.MaamarTayeb@txdot.gov.Anchor: #PHMIENKI
Past manual notices are available in a PDF archive.