Manual Notice: 2016-1
From: Rene Garcia, P.E.
Manual: Hydraulic Design Manual
Effective Date: July 01, 2016Anchor: #DPNJDPPW
To implement new research and best practices.Anchor: #MMGEKHLG
The following updates were made to the Hydraulic Design Manual:
Chapter 4 – Hydrology
- Anchor: #HMIYAPUF
- Section 12 – Updated Rainfall Intensity narrative to reference new EBD rainfall coefficients. Anchor: #BCWMYSJU
- Section 13 – Updated Empirical Dimensionless Hyetograph narrative to include reference to spread sheet tools.
Chapter 8 – Culverts
- Anchor: #HYRBNTPT
- Section 13 – Modified language to revise culvert minimum maintenance velocities from 2 fps to 3 fps.
Chapter 10 – Storm Drains
- Anchor: #UOVBFPIR
- Section 1 – Modified language to include a discussion requiring a sheet flow analysis for all storm drain projects. Anchor: #VQCXLAXM
- Section 2 – Modified design checklist to include a sheet flow analysis. Anchor: #MDRSHOYD
- Section 2 – Modified language to revise storm sewer minimum maintenance velocities from 2 fps to 3 fps. Anchor: #XUYQCHQN
- Section 7 – Revised Figure 10-18 to show manholes at junctions.
The revised manual supersedes prior versions of the Hydraulic Design Manual.Anchor: #LFOHNFGN
Please direct any questions about this manual to Stan Hopfe, P.E., CFM at (512) 416-2219 or Stan.Hopfe@txdot.gov.Anchor: #PHMIENKI
Past manual notices are available in a PDF archive.