Section 4: Event-Driven Inspections
Perform event-driven inspections as a result of collision, fire, flood, significant environmental changes, or loss of structural support. These inspections are also called emergency inspections and are performed on an as-needed basis. In the past AASHTO referred to these inspections as damage inspections.
Prepare a report for each Event-Driven Inspection. Include in the report, at a minimum, the following:
- Anchor: #ELTQGOSJ
- photos documenting any damage Anchor: #XEQJUKGU
- load ratings verifying capacity after event Anchor: #MDCMSVQQ
- channel profiles (when applicable) Anchor: #OPHASJOK
- repair recommendations Anchor: #SCJTAXOE
- load restriction recommendations (if applicable).
Include all documentation from Event-Driven Inspections in the permanent bridge inspection record.