Section 3: Cost ParticipationAnchor: #i1000118
All cost participation should be in accordance with the agreement.
TxDOT typically participates in costs of:
- Special Commissioners’ Hearings;
- appraisal expenses for the State’s fee appraisers used in condemnation cases;
- utility relocations; and
- fencing and property adjustments;
…and typically assumes the responsibility for:
- land surveys,
- property descriptions,
- title information,
- preparation of instruments, ROW maps, supplemental investigations or appraisals necessary to determine the appropriateness of submitted values and fees for title services,
- appraisals where the State is to determine values as a result of the LPA’s use of the waiver provision of the contractual agreement,
- relocation assistance, and
- removal of improvements.
The LPA typically assumes entire responsibility for:
- costs incurred in arriving at values to recommend for State approval,
- costs relative to negotiation,
- its attorney fees for condemnation proceedings, and
- costs of recording instruments of conveyance.