Section 2: Project CloseoutAnchor: #i999588
Preparation for Closing Right of Way Projects
In order to close out a right of way project, the following must have occurred:
- Anchor: #QSDXIPSS
- all required right of way is acquired; Anchor: #DUJGKKHP
- all condemnation cases are closed by a final judgment (including on appeal); Anchor: #PBNGNPVI
- all utility adjustments are completed; Anchor: #LMTDEEIC
- all relocation assistance is completed; Anchor: #WRHHDWBU
- all charges owed by the state are paid; Anchor: #HSHKUCAY
- the LPA has requested reimbursement on all eligible expenses; and Anchor: #KVVXCNCK
- all LPA records have been reviewed by TxDOT for compliance with the Uniform Act.
Submit the request for final closing of the project to TxDOT along with a certification that the LPA has complied with the applicable laws, regulations and policies. See the ROW Real Estate Acquisition Guide for Local Public Agencies, Chapter 3, Section 1, TxDOT's Monitoring of LPA Acquisition Activities for an example of the certification.