Section 4: Annual Listing of Obligated Projects
The state, public transportation operators, and MPO must cooperatively develop a listing of projects for which federal funds were obligated in the preceding program year ( 23 CFR §450.332). The listing must include all federally funded projects authorized or revised to increase obligations in the previous program year and must include:
- amount of federal funds requested in the TIP
- type of work
- beginning and ending points of the project
- project length in miles
- federal funding that was obligated during the previous year
- federal funding remaining and available for subsequent years
- identification of the agencies responsible for the project or phase.
MPOs shall make their annual listing of obligated projects available to the public by posting the information on websites or other means such as printed reports, publication in local newspapers, or newsletters. The project listing is due to the district no later than 90 days after the end of the federal fiscal year (i.e., by December 31). The district subsequently submits the listing to TPP, who then submits it to FHWA/FTA.