Section 2: Texas Construction Career Academy
The Texas Construction Career Academy (TCCA) program is a recruitment and pre-employment training program. The TCCA offers pre-employment sessions throughout the state designed to offer participants courses related to highway construction trades; industry recognized certifications in OSHA safety, flagger, and heavy equipment operation; and job resume preparation.
The key benefits of the TCCA are listed below:
- Anchor: #NQMXUKMF
- Provides contractors with a means to demonstrate good faith efforts in meeting EEO objectives by participating in the program; Anchor: #PXGFCDUQ
- Assists contractors in filling positions in under-represented classifications; Anchor: #SXEKRPLH
- Recruits motivated individuals for contractor employment consideration; Anchor: #AWDSJKAF
- Provides participants with a true understanding of the construction work environment; Anchor: #SAWKUMOG
- Provides participants with transportation assistance; and Anchor: #ASIILOLH
- Hosts job fairs where contractors and potential employees will be introduced.
Additional program and contact information can be found at OJT Training and Supportive Services.