Section 2: TrainingAnchor: #i999874
This guide provides general information about pavement design processes and procedures. Information on more comprehensive training courses and materials is available through the district pavement engineer, the Construction Division, Materials & Pavements Section (CST-M&P) and other sources. A partial list of available training courses is as follows:
- National Highway Institute (NHI)/American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Course on Techniques for Pavement Rehabilitation.
- Flexible Pavement System, Version 19 (FPS-19W) and MODULUS Backcalculation Program. Training is presented as a "seminar" by CST-M&P. Contact CST-M&P for schedule (see Contacts section below).
- NHI 6-week Highway Materials Engineering Course (NHI 131023A). Contact NHI.
- TxDOT 5-week and 2-week Highway Materials Engineering
Course. The course is listed in TxDOT’s Human Resources Training
- CON409, 5-week course (for the first 3 weeks)
- CON410, 5-week course (for the last 2 weeks)
- DES114, TxDOT HWY Materials Engineering (2-week course)
- Contact your training coordinator.
- Basic Geotechnical Engineering for Roadways. There is an NHI course entitled, "Geotechnical Aspects of Pavements" (NHI 132040A). Contact NHI.
- Flexible Pavement Rehabilitation Training CD-ROM. Self-paced training media developed by Texas Transportation Institute (TTI). Contact TxDOT’s Research and Technology Implementation Office (RTI) for more information about obtaining this CD (see Section 3 -- “Contacts”).
- Rigid Pavement Rehabilitation Training CD-ROM. Self-paced training media developed by TTI. Contact TxDOT’s RTI for more information about obtaining this CD (see Section 3 -- “Contacts”).
- Web based training for Modulus 6.0, FPS 19W, Modulus Temperature Correction program, Program for Load Zoning Analysis (PLZA), and Super Heavy Load Analysis Procedures (PALS) available on the TxDOT Pavement Design and Analysis Training web site.
- Web based training for CRCP 10, CRCP 9, JRCP 6, Pavers, Rigid Pavement Life Cycle Cost Analysis (RPLCCA), Texas Pavement Type Selection (TxPTS) available through TxDOT Online Training.
- Web based training for Rational Estimation of Pavement Remaining life (REPP2000), Design Modulus Values from Seismic Data Collection (SMART), and Impacts of Construction Quality Life Cycle of Pavement (RECIPPE) available on CTIS Pavement Design and Analysis Training web site.
Other training and reference material is available from your TxDOT training coordinator.