Section 5: Single Source for Traffic DataAnchor: #i1002660
This policy states that the department will maintain a single source of all traffic data reported to the commission, legislature, governor, and the public.Anchor: #i1002670
The purpose of this policy is:
- to comply with the authorities cited under references
- to provide a reliable and accurate single source for traffic data from the department.
Transportation Planning and Programming Division will:
- review, modify, and approve all traffic data used in any documents including reports sent to the commission, the legislature, the governor, and the public within a reasonable time of receipt
- coordinate with the districts and divisions to ensure consistent traffic data.
Districts and divisions will:
- appoint a staff person to be the liaison with TPP for traffic data review and approval
- submit external documents that include traffic data developed in the district or division to TPP for review and approval, including a project location map of the immediate area.
Current Policy: Executive Order 6-90
Supersedes: Administrative Circular 48-86
Reference: TxDOT Memorandum (02/01/90), Highway Systems Functional Review Report
TxDOT Memorandum (08/30/85), Department Document Review Procedures for Commission Meetings
TxDOT Memorandum (11/14/85), Traffic Data Review Procedures
Transportation Code, Section 201.103
Transportation Code, Section 201.803