Section 7: Requirements for Submission of Graphics Files for On-System ProjectsAnchor: #GWKJKWRT
The purpose of this section is to provide requirements for the graphics standards, and file management (structure and naming conventions) of ROW mapping electronic deliverables submitted to the ROW Division as an integral part of the ROW mapping package.
The software, file types and file formats must be compatible with those used by the district/division design for schematics and PS&E, example: native current version MicroStation for graphics, Microsoft Word and Adobe PDF for descriptions, etc.Anchor: #YOHWRJFK
All graphic files for ROW map sheet and property description parcel plats must be native DGN files created by the current version of MicroStation using the current TxDOT seed files in the TxDOT workspace environment, settings, and resource files.
All files shall contain at minimum, company name, company logo, company phone number, firm number, surveyors name, RCSJ#, date of survey, state plane zone, surface adjustment factor, and revision information.Anchor: #UJGTJRXK
MicroStation Level Library Files
The current TxDOT level library files for ROW mapping will be provided by TxDOT. The file(s) contains all the predefined levels that will normally be needed for ROW mapping and to show existing utilities.Anchor: #MQJATIBG
DGN File Properties and Naming Convention of the Parcel Plat Pages
Each DGN file shall be spatially correct (snapping on elements gives correct coordinate values), and there should be one (1) DGN file for each parcel plat page. All the parcel plat pages will utilize the same master reference files.
The parcel plat and/or ROW map sheet naming convention is "ROWCSJ_ParcelNumber_PgNumber.dgn", with an example as follows: "212104065_01_P01.dgn".
The format for the PDF of the Property Description is slightly different, since the PDF will contain the parcel ID to link the PDF to the online parcel in the Real Property Asset Map. The naming convention is "District Aberration_ROWCSJ_ParcelIDNumber.pdf", with an example as follows: "ELP_212104065_P00001234.pdf".Anchor: #RVRTYXRB
Naming Convention of the Master ROW Files (MRF) in DGN Format
The master ROW file naming convention is “MRF ROW CSJ_Logical Name.dgn", with examples as follows:
- Anchor: #SQVJUMJK
- MRF212104065_Schematic100.dgn (schematic layout 100% submittal); Anchor: #AKSNDGAO
- MRF212104065_SchemApprov.dgn (final approved [TxDOT & FHWA] schematic); Anchor: #MDDPMDQK
- MRF212104065_PSEDesign.dgn (final PS&E design); Anchor: #MMDFKFSI
- MRF212104065_ExROW.dgn (existing ROW determined by RPLS); Anchor: #NAGNXVBV
- MRF212104065_PropROW.dgn (proposed ROW of final design); Anchor: #JLELCVOO
- MRF212104065_PropRW_Parcel_Polygons.dgn (proposed ROW parcels to be acquired); Anchor: #AKLRILNU
- MRF212104065_DeedPlot.dgn (deed record); Anchor: #DIHIBKUU
- MRF212104065_Planimetric.dgn (aerial mapping topography); Anchor: #KMOYYWSB
- MRF212104065_ROWTopo.dgn (improvements data collection); Anchor: #IRFRMWUN
- MRF212104065_DesignTopo.dgn (design level data collection topography); Anchor: #CASWXBOM
- MRF212104065_ExUtil.dgn (existing utilities, etc.); Anchor: #HCEPJCIS
- MRF212104065_Schematic90.dgn (schematic layout 90% submittal); Anchor: #TCSDMPCE
- MRF212104065_PropROW_Lines.dgn (proposed ROW lines of final design); Anchor: #WPSNHUUA
- MRF212104065_ExROW_Centerline.dgn (as determined by RPLS).
All similar features must be on separate levels for easy separation from text.
Proposed ROW parcels shall be comprised of complex lines.
All MRF dgn files shall be provided in surface and grid coordinate systems.
All sheet files with a plan view will have the MRF referenced to sheet files to allow more than one sheet file to be worked on at the same time.Anchor: #WAUAYMIA
File Structure of Master and Reference DGNs
Use few or no subfolders to allow better transfer of data to different PCs, server drive names, or CDs/DVDs without path problems to reference files when the sheet files are opened.Anchor: #IUFSNKCM
Line Weights, Line Styles, Colors, Text Size, Text Fonts, Scale, and Annotations
Legibility is the primary concern when choosing the scale, line weights and text size. Parcel pages shall be legible at full scale sheet size (8-1/2" x 11") and the reproductions (copies) must also be legible.
The scales will be one of the standard engineering scales. The choice of the scale will be determined by the legibility of the parcel plate pages.
Use "MicroStation Packager" for the submission of electronic deliverables. This will capture any non TxDOT standard rsc, cel, text, etc. files that were used in the mapping that look and plot differently in the TxDOT MicroStation workspace.Anchor: #GTBUWICR
Text and Line Colors when Using Color Digital Orthos in the Background
The predominate colors of the digital orthos (greens, browns, etc) will dictate the line and text colors that stand out and are legible. Use trial and error, as needed, to select legible text and line colors.Anchor: #RBIMIMUH
Required Data in the Geopak ROW GPK File
The following are required data in the Geopak ROW GPK File (start with Schematic or Design GPK file):
- Anchor: #BOIVVOED
- alignments; Anchor: #NFSTYRIQ
- chains of proposed ROW lines; Anchor: #IVKUBOIG
- chains of existing ROW lines; Anchor: #GHYGJIDG
- shapes of whole tract parcels; Anchor: #TIXSLXAB
- taking parcels; Anchor: #OSTUYRHY
- all points collected in the field and all calculated points.
Surface adjustment factors and basis of datum shall be well documented in all electronic deliverables "file structure/deliverables read me" file.