Section 4: Submission and Approval of ROW MappingAnchor: #i1003547
Original Submission to Division
The surveyor should complete and submit electronic files, property descriptions, surveyor reports, closure sheets that include precision and GIS mapping, to the District for review. The District Surveyor or appropriate personnel must review the submission for compliance with TxDOT policy and TBPLS standards. The Design Engineer or appropriate personnel must review the mapping for compliance with the design schematic and to verify that the area to be acquired and all easements are adequate to build the transportation facility.Anchor: #i1003589
Requirements for Right of Way Mapping Deliverables
The following is an outline in chronological order of the ROW Division’s requirements for mapping deliverables.
- Anchor: #BQBGJQGL
- ROW (ArcGIS) geo-database template populated with the schematic ROW footprint parcels and schematic alignment. (See Section 8 - Requirements for Submission of ArcGIS Files). The current submission standards and current geo-database template can be found on the ROW Division's webpages on txdot.gov. Anchor: #AAKGIJPD
- Spreadsheets and/or Word documents containing the information on the cover map sheet (project limits, beginning and ending stationing, utility stations, etc.) and control/alignment map sheets (coordinates/descriptions of control monuments and coordinates/stationing/curve data of alignment); Anchor: #ELHRPOOT
- Preliminary property descriptions in PDF format to facilitate the early stages of the acquisition process (title and appraisal). See the General Rules of Procedures and Practices of the Texas Board of Professional Land Surveying §663.18(d) Certification for requirements for preliminary documents. Anchor: #JOTKUDYE
- Concurrent with preliminary property descriptions, ROW (ArcGIS) geo-database template populated with the current surveyed and/ or preliminary parcels for each submission, current alignment and project control points. Anchor: #RAWMMKDG
- Signed and sealed property descriptions (See Section 3 - Property Descriptions) and their associated electronic files (signed and sealed copy in PDF format; Word documents; MicroStation parcel plat files; and MicroStation master reference [MRF] files); Anchor: #PEEOUGUC
- Concurrent with signed and sealed property descriptions, ROW (ArcGIS) geo-database template populated with the current final (signed and sealed) parcels for each submission and final alignment. Anchor: #LSCDTROR
- Spreadsheets and/or Word documents containing the information on the acquisition (ownership tabulation) map sheets.