Section 8: Requirements for Submission of ArcGIS FilesAnchor: #MSLAWVUW
The purpose of this section is to provide requirements for ArcGIS standards as an integral part of the ROW mapping package.
All current and future ROW mapping projects will be subject to these submission standards, eliminating the requirement for the submission of traditional paper ROW maps under the old standards.
The paper ROW maps are being replaced with geo-referenced parcel data in GIS format to be used in TxDOT's Online Real Property Asset Map (virtual ROW map).
The software, file types and file formats must be compatible with those used by the State. An example is the current version of ArcGIS used by the State.Anchor: #OKTPKPVR
ROW Geo-Database Template
All ArcGIS data will be submitted in ArcGIS 10.2.2/10.3.1 format or the current version in use by the State and in the format of the ROW geo-database template.
The current TxDOT ROW geo-database template "ROW_Parcels_Edits" for the delineation of the right of way will be provided by the State. The template will also be available to download from the ROW Division's webpage on TxDOT's internet site (txdot.gov).Anchor: #WHKLWSNE
Coordinate System of Template
The template's XY coordinate system is geographic coordinates (longitude and latitude), North American Datum of 1983 in Decimal Degrees (8 or more places after the decimal point).Anchor: #UDNCGGFA
Features in the Template
The template contains a feature dataset named 'ROW_Parcels_Edits', and that dataset contains the following features:
- Anchor: #HQICWELS
- EXIST_RT_OF_WAY_PRCL_PNT_Edits (Existing Right of Way Monument/Points) Anchor: #QNOJVIGL
- EXIST_RT_OF_WAY_PRCL_LN_Edits (Existing Right of Way Lines) Anchor: #BMWUCULH
- EXIST_RT_OF_WAY_PRCL_POLY_Edits (Existing Right of Way Parcel Polygons) Anchor: #YXJJVHTI
- RT_OF_WAY_PROP_DSPN_POLY_Edits (Property Disposition/Surplus Tract Polygons) Anchor: #CGUXWARY
- RT_OF_WAY_SCHEM_POLY_Edits (Schematic Footprint Proposed Parcel Polygons) Anchor: #CPENQHNF
- RT_OF_WAY_CL_LN_Edits (Schematic or Right of Way Centerline/Baseline) Anchor: #VOABMRCQ
- RT_OF_WAY_CNTL_PNT_Edits (Primary GPS Control Points or Monuments) Anchor: #GBTTEFRB
- RT_OF_WAY_WHL_PRP_POLY_Edits (Whole Property prior to taking Polygons) Anchor: #LDJTYMHI
- UTIL_PRCL_LN_Edits (Utility Lines) Anchor: #KUUGDQGY
- ACES_CTRL_PRCL_LN_Edits (Proposed and/or Existing Access Control Lines) Anchor: #SRCBUCMP
- RT_OF_WAY_PRCL_POLY_Edits (Proposed Acquisition Parcel Polygons)
Feature Attributes or Fields
Each feature has a table comprised of common attributes or fields. The fields for each record (point, line, or polygon) will be populated as follows:
- Anchor: #LRPGOKWY
- PRCL_ID (Parcel ID Number) Unique identifier created by the ROWIS database for each feature. Populated by TxDOT ROW Division. Anchor: #UQMNBDTP
- PRCL_NM (Parcel Name) Name of feature part (1, 1 Part 1, 1 Part 2, etc.) Populated by user and/or consultant. Anchor: #ELSCDQWT
- PRCL_NBR (Parcel Number) Number of feature unit (1, 2, etc.) Populated by user and/or consultant. Anchor: #XPWPQQLN
- PROP_DSCR (Link to PDF of Property Description or Deed) Populated by TxDOT ROW Division. Anchor: #QUWJUUPU
- RT_OF_WAY_MAP (Link to PDF of R/W Map) Populated by TxDOT ROW Division. Anchor: #SYFNDEGI
- CREATE_DT (Create Date) Populated by user and/or consultant. Anchor: #WBJVEYIK
- CREATE_USER_NM (Create User Name) Populated by user and/or consultant. Consultant should use firm name. Anchor: #CHQIMACO
- EDIT_DT (Edit Date) Populated by user and/or consultant. Anchor: #EUQBWPYY
- EDIT_USER_NM (Edit User Name) Populated by user and/or consultant. Consultant should use firm name. Anchor: #PHSFXXRJ
- CMNT (Comment) Populated by user and/or consultant. Anchor: #WASJISGU
- SRC_CMNT (Source Document) Populated by user and/or consultant. Anchor: #XSTLKCBP
- SHAPE_AREA (Shape Area for polygons only) Auto populated. Anchor: #AACLGBEM
- SHAPE_LEN (Shape Length) Auto populated. Anchor: #VLDXHNSS
- OBJECTID (Shape ID Number) Auto populated.
Rename Geo-Database Template to ROW CSJ Prior to Submission
Use ArcCatalog to rename the 'ROW_Parcels_Edits.gdb' template to the ROW CSJ (RCSJ) project number prior to submission.
For example: If RCSJ is 2552-04-041, rename the template 'ROW_Parcels_255204041.gdb'.
For revised or additional submissions of the same project, rename the template: 'ROW_Parcels_255204041a.gdb' for the 2nd submission, 'ROW_Parcels_255204041b.gdb' for the 3rd submission, etc.
After geo-database template is renamed, create a .zip file for submission. Example: 'ROW_Parcels_255204041.zip'.Anchor: #UFTUMNLU
Conversion of Survey Data to ArcGIS and Template Format
The attribute table of geo-referenced features created outside the template must be exactly the same as those in the template before you can append them into the features in the template.
The conversion from the native survey data, Geopak, MicroStation or CAD files used in the preparation of the property descriptions and parcel plats to the coordinate system and format of the geo-database template can be accomplished in a number of different ways in different programs and in ArcGIS depending on the origin and format of the survey data.
Since no one set of instructions will fit all the different variables of data collection, data processing, and/or data conversion software, the only requirement will be that the feature data is geospatially correct and submitted to the State in the exact format of the template.Anchor: #XIAPYOVH
Requirements for ArcGIS Deliverables
ROW geo-database template shall be populated with all required ROW features of each stage of submission.
The following is an outline in chronological order of the requirements for ArcGIS mapping deliverables:
- Anchor: #DYJKWORS
- ROW (ArcGIS) geo-database template populated with the schematic ROW footprint parcels and schematic alignment. Anchor: #ETPWIMDQ
- ROW (ArcGIS) geo-database template populated with the current surveyed and/or preliminary parcels for each submission, current alignment and project control points. An updated geo-database will be submitted as the parcel submissions progress. Anchor: #SBUOTWBV
- Geo-database template populated with the current final (signed and sealed) parcels for each submission and final alignment.