Manual Notice: 2001-1
From: Kirby W. Pickett, P.E.
Manual: Transportation Planning Process Manual
Effective Date: September 01, 2001
To issue the Transportation Planning Process Manual. This manual is contained in the Planning and Programming Collection of the TxDOT Online Manual System.
The Transportation Planning Process Manual contains the following chapters:
- Transportation Planning and Programming Process,
- Metropolitan Transportation Plan Development Process,
- Statewide Rural Transportation Plan Document Development and Update Process,
- Project Programming and Scheduling Process (Unified Transportation Program),
- Metropolitan Transportation Improvement Program Development Process,
- Rural Transportation Improvement Program Development Process,
- Statewide Transportation Improvement Program Development Process, and
- Federal Review and Approval Process for Metropolitan Transportation Plan Air Quality Conformity (Document Flow).
Please remove and recycle the Transportation Planning Division Operations Manual dated April 4, 1985.
The Transportation Planning Process Manual will be distributed online only. Manual distributors may print and distribute a hardcopy from the PDF online version for employees not on the TxDOT wide-area-network or those preferring to retain a hardcopy. In this case, manual distributors must retain a distribution list and must also print and distribute all revisions.
Refer questions or suggestions to the Special Projects and Policy Analysis Branch of the Administration Section of the Transportation Planning and Programming Division (TPP).
Past manual notices are available in a PDF archive.