Manual Notice: 2017-1
From: Camille Thomason, P.E. Director, Design Division
Manual: PS&E Preparation Manual
Effective Date: October 26, 2017Anchor: #VRYXRCFI
Chapter 1 and Chapter 3 are being revised:
- Anchor: #EEDFXLWU
- To comply with SB 312 and Senate SB 82 regarding roadway closures during Key Dates / Special Events.
Chapter 1, Section 1:
- Anchor: #XTGNLVYL
- Added “Road Closures During Special Events” link under Overview. Anchor: #FMYJFHIT
- Added “Key Dates / Special Events when roadway closures are prohibited” as a diamond bullet point under Description for Design Concept Conference. Anchor: #QGDOHKFX
- Added “Road Closures During Special Events” section to include language describing the requirements for SB 312 and 82.
Chapter 3, Section 3:
- Anchor: #JCQVICRH
- Added “Road Closures During Special Events (Special Provision 007-009 and 007-010)” as a diamond bullet point under Special Provisions. Anchor: #JJXYPXRL
- Added “Road Closures During Special Events (Special Provision 007-009 and 007-010)” as a section to include language of the requirements of special provision 007-009 and 007-010.
Chapter 3, Section 4:
- Anchor: #MFIEULHK
- Added “All construction projects must include either special provision 007-009 or 007-010 to include a procedure for handling road closures before, during and after key dates / special events into the contract.” as a diamond bullet to the Specifications List Checklists.
Chapter 3, Section 6:
- Anchor: #EFOYQKYA
- Added “In accordance with special provisions 007-009 and 007-010 all construction projects must include the note “Roadway closures during the following key dates and/or special events are prohibited:” with a list of events and/or dates that road closures are prohibited under Item 7 of the General Notes. If there are no expected road closures involving key dates / special events, a note indicating “No significant traffic generator events identified” must be included.” as a diamond bullet to the General Notes Checklist.
Contact the Field Coordination Section staff of the Design Division with any questions or comments.Anchor: #DPSCJUXL
Past manual notices are available in a PDF archive link.