Chapter 3: New Location and Reconstruction (4R) Design CriteriaAnchor: #CHDIFBEC
Section 1: OverviewAnchor: #i1082244
This chapter presents guidelines that are applicable to all new location and reconstruction projects for several different classes of roadways including the following:
- Anchor: #DNDPBBJR
- urban streets Anchor: #XRBLLRNY
- suburbanways Anchor: #DTIJLCDC
- two-lane rural highways Anchor: #AHBDDAWB
- multilane rural highways Anchor: #UMMYPKXI
- freeways Anchor: #USDHCLIB
- Texas Highway Freight Network (THFN)
Note that additional vertical clearance requirements may apply to projects on the Texas Highway Freight Network (THFN) as specified in Chapter 3, Section 8.
Departures from these guidelines are governed in Design Exceptions, Design Waivers, Design Variances, and Texas Highway Freight Network (THFN) Design Deviations, Chapter 1.