Section 3: Actual Reasonable Moving ExpensesAnchor: #i1000978
A displacee may be reimbursed for the costs of a move by a commercial moving firm or for the costs of a self-move. Itemized and receipted bills and lists of goods and property moved must support such costs.
The displacee, before the start of his move, shall inform TxDOT of:
- Anchor: #GAKWAHBX
- his intention to have his goods and property moved commercially and the name of the company or individual who will perform the move; Anchor: #DFGXKMRR
- the date of the move and the address to where his personalty will be relocated; Anchor: #JMJTFBXD
- a dated list of goods and property to be moved; and Anchor: #VJTBRIJJ
- any unusual conditions or special handling requirements that could affect the moving cost.
- Anchor: #CWLYCUAX
- perform a pre-move, displacement site review, when possible, to verify the displaced property list and any special conditions and requirements that could affect moving costs; Anchor: #PEWYOJHN
- monitor the move; moves involving both a residential displacement and a home business displacement must be closely monitored to ensure no duplication of payment due to possible overlapping of personal property (residential items vs. business items); Anchor: #PHQRCQBT
- perform a post-move, replacement site review, when possible, to determine if personalty is actually moved and installed as stated in submitted invoices; Anchor: #QVHFAOOK
- verify submitted invoices and receipts with issuing organizations and individuals (should always be followed up on); and Anchor: #WCOVXYNC
- advise the displacee regarding the eligibility of expenses before the move.