Section 3: Advance Payment Processing

Anchor: #i999859


A displacee who demonstrates that an advance relocation payment processing is justified to avoid or reduce hardship can complete a modified claim form and apply for assistance in advance to R/W-PD. The modified form will not contain all necessary information (e.g., move date, closing date). Once all information is obtained, R/W-PD will submit this information to ROW Division HQ to complete documentation requirements. Application and processing procedures for all residential and non-residential displacees are as follows:

Process applications for housing supplements, rent supplements, incidental expense payments, increased interest payments and moving expense payments after the initiation of negotiations for the parcel, and before the displacee moves from the acquired dwelling.

Applications must be made to R/W-PD on an individual basis and supported by a letter from the displacee indicating the specific need for advance payment.

Forward displacee’s application, with R/W-PD Management’s, or authorized designee’s, written recommendation, to ROW Division HQ.

If displacee’s application is approved, R/W-PD will hold in escrow the state warrant and assure the parties concerned that payment will be made upon completion of eligibility requirements.

The displacee must submit paid receipts for all actual cost moving claims, except previously approved self-move payments.

NOTE: Advance payment processing is not available for a late residential occupant until TxDOT acquires the parcel.

Previous page  Next page   Title page