Section 2: Determination of Eligibility
A displaced 90-day owner-occupant is eligible for replacement housing payment if he:
- Anchor: #VOTLEITR
- meets eligibility requirements in Eligibility Requirements; Anchor: #ISGESNRQ
- owned and occupied the displacement dwelling for not less than 90 days immediately before initiation of negotiations; and Anchor: #VDUDWSIR
- purchases and occupies a DSS replacement
dwelling within one year after the later of either:
- Anchor: #ILFXTTPH
- the date he receives final payment for the displacement dwelling or, in the case of condemnation, the date the full amount of the estimate of just compensation is deposited in the court, or Anchor: #PRIGSLGE
- the date at least one comparable replacement dwelling was made available to him.
Note: TxDOT may extend the one-year eligibility period for good cause.