Section 2: Final Closing of ProjectsAnchor: #i999483
Preparation for Closing ROW Projects
Before submitting the request for final closing of a project, the Region should verify that:
- all required ROW is acquired
- all condemnation cases are closed by final judgment
- all utility adjustments are completed
- all charges owed by the State are paid
- (if applicable) the LPA has requested reimbursement on all expenses eligible for State participation
- all relocation assistance is completed
- (if applicable) the LPA has billed the State for their share of the receipts from the sale of improvements.
During final closing submission, check Region records as to the disposition of all parcels for which values were approved, and determine whether the ROW Division was notified. If it appears that there are parcels having approved values that are not to be acquired, these parcels should be suspended in ROWIS.Anchor: #i999523
Submission for Closing ROW Projects
When all ROW is acquired, all improvements disposed of and all expenses paid and properly charged on a ROW project, submit one hardcopy of the final ROW map and one electronic copy, if available, one copy of Form ROW-RM-9 (Final Disposition of Improvements), a copy of the Parcel Summary Report by Project from ROWIS, and Statement of Cost to the ROW Division. See also Closing Out the Inventory.Anchor: #i999540
Closing of the ROW Project
The Region's closing submission is reviewed by the ROW Division and then sent to the Finance Division for the actual close out and cancellation of any remaining funds. Before any project is closed, give special attention to see that all costs are in and the construction project is completed and closed.