Section 9: Category 4B - STP: Transportation EnhancementsAnchor: #i1022031
This category is to address projects that are above and beyond what could normally be expected in the way of enhancements to the transportation system.Anchor: #i1022043
Projects programmed in this category must fall under one of the following general activities as outlined in TEA-21:
- provision of facilities for pedestrians and bicycles
- acquisition of scenic easements and scenic or historic sites
- scenic or historic highway programs (including the provision of tourist and welcome center facilities)
- landscaping and other scenic beautification
- historic preservation
- rehabilitation and operation of historic transportation buildings, structures, or facilities (including historic railroad facilities and canals)
- preservation of abandoned railway corridors (including the conversion and use thereof for pedestrian or bicycle trails)
- control and removal of outdoor advertising
- archaeological planning and research
- environmental mitigation to address water pollution due to highway runoff or reduce vehicle-caused wildlife mortality while maintaining habitat connectivity
- provision of safety and educational activities for pedestrians and bicyclists
- establishment of transportation museums.
All projects must be developed in accordance with applicable federal and state environmental requirements. All projects must be designed, constructed, operated, and maintained in accordance with state laws, regulations, directives; and safety, design, and construction standards as required by TEA-21.
Agreements must be executed prior to beginning work.
Projects in this category must have the concurrence of the MPO if it is located in their area of jurisdiction.Anchor: #i1022129
Projects are prioritized and selected by the commission on a statewide basis for the Texas Statewide Transportation Enhancement Programs.
Districts receive program authority for the projects selected for inclusion in the program.Anchor: #i1022145
All projects in this category will be selected and programmed in accordance with the rules as published in Title 43, Texas Administrative Code, Part I, Chapter 11, Sections 11.201–11.205.
Match for preliminary engineering, construction, and right-of-way purchase/utility adjustments will be in accordance with TxDOT's Policy for Matching Funds - Participation Ratios.