Chapter 3: Project SelectionAnchor: #CIHDCAJD
Section 1: OverviewAnchor: #i1001972
Project selection involves the matching of the higher priority highway transportation needs with forecasted funding and authorizing development of the selected projects.
Project selection in the Unified Transportation Program (UTP) is based on a variety of factors as discussed in this chapter. The objective of project selection is to:
- identify the highest priority, most needed, and most cost-effective projects for development
- achieve the transportation objectives established by state and federal law and by the Transportation Commission
- equitably address the transportation needs of the entire state
- authorize the development of sufficient high-priority projects to effectively use the anticipated funding in each of the UTP categories.
- The sections in this chapter cover:
- Source of Projects and Types of Programs, including project-specific and bank balance allocation programs
- Project Responsibility and Authorization, including project selection and development authorizations.