Section 3: Specifications and PlansAnchor: #i999645
All aspects of a seal coat project must comply with the following contract documents:
- Anchor: #GFCPQKQY
- TxDOT’s Standard Specifications for Construction and Maintenance of Highways, Streets, and Bridges (referred to in this manual as the Standard Specifications) Anchor: #TVYECAKJ
- Special Specifications Anchor: #BFKJTFHW
- Special Provisions Anchor: #CFAECDXF
A complete listing of the particular requirements governing a seal coat project can be found in the contract documents.Anchor: #i999680
Standard Specifications address the following:
- Anchor: #URVCTCFL
- Quality of the materials and equipment Anchor: #XQIGGBFB
- Method and manner of work to be performed Anchor: #TWISRHBO
- Method of measurement and payment.
The Standard Specifications are revised and updated periodically. It is important to ensure that the correct edition of the Standard Specifications is referenced. The Standard Specifications are also available online at http://www.dot.state.tx.us/business/specifications.htm.Anchor: #i999714
Special Specifications are supplemental specifications applicable to the individual project, not covered by the Standard Specifications.Anchor: #i999724
Special Provisions revise or supplement the Standard Specifications or Special Specifications.Anchor: #i999734
The Plans (contract drawings) describe in detail the work to be accomplished.