Section 2: Advisories and WarningsAnchor: #i999442
The National Weather Service (NWS) is a good source for regional and national information of approaching adverse conditions. The NWS data and products form a national information database and infrastructure which can be used by other governmental agencies, the private sector, the public and the global community. The NWS system of advisories and warnings can be useful.
- Anchor: #WYXSOUXS
- Warning: A weather condition that is life threatening to those caught outdoors Anchor: #PCGFBBEE
- Advisory: A weather condition that is an inconvenience to people outdoors or can produce difficulty in travel Anchor: #JVTAENFO
- Winter Storm Watch: Anchor: #EMPCSJAO
- Winter Storm Warning Anchor: #RPOLHNNO
- Blizzard Warning Anchor: #MODTBGSO
- Winter Weather Advisory Issued for sleet,
snow, freezing drizzle/rain or blowing snow
- sleet accumulations are expected to be less than one half of an inch Anchor: #VMFMFFGC
- snowfall of two to five inches in 12 hours Anchor: #EQOPERQH
- light accumulations of freezing drizzle or freezing rain Anchor: #XADHIHIR
- blowing snow intermittently reducing visibility to one quarter of a mile.