Section 4: Loader
Figure 3-3. Loaders are a vital piece of equipment during a snow and/or ice event. They are used for loading material on the trucks to fight the ice and snow. They are also used to clear intersections and driveways.Anchor: #i1003610
Pre -storm activities
Well before a storm strikes, be sure to:
- Anchor: #NRGQCIPK
- complete Loader Inspection Checklist Anchor: #JWREDKBL
- lubricate according to manufacturer’s recommendations Anchor: #FNPGJQHY
- make sure all safety equipment is in place Anchor: #DMBMPUPO
- check all electrical components Anchor: #ATNEAFYG
- call base station to ensure proper operation of state radio Anchor: #CGLUIOYH
- ensure the loader is full of fuel.
During the storm activities
While using the equipment during a storm:
- Anchor: #JXKFFRMU
- perform occasional walk around to check for problems (lights, tires, fluid leaks, etc.) Anchor: #XLKHXOBD
- monitor all gauges to prevent future problems.
Post storm activities
Once the storm is over, be sure to:
- Anchor: #HJHVKALO
- clean equipment Anchor: #EJILAJLX
- service equipment as needed Anchor: #JTMHVFTD
- grease all fittings on the loader.