Section 11: Pickup Applicator
Figure 3-10. Pickup applicators are used to apply anti-icing liquids (top) and granular (bottom) materials prior to an approaching storm to small areas such as bridge decks, on and off ramps. They are also used for de-icing applications during the storm.Anchor: #i1004375
Well before a storm strikes, be sure to:
- Anchor: #HAPGAJXG
- flush pump for correct operation Anchor: #OUOGHPLH
- check all electrical components for correct operation Anchor: #FGWOQPJG
- perform trial run with water to assure correct rates. Anchor: #HBWIGCUD
- calibrate equipment for specific application rate desired.
During the storm activities
While using the equipment during a storm:
- Anchor: #TVMFFHBJ
- perform occasional walk around to check for any problems (lights, leaks) Anchor: #PJALYUQG
- repair any problem as necessary to ensure correct operation of equipment.
Post storm activities
Once the storm is over, be sure to:
- Anchor: #EEQFNJQQ
- flush system Anchor: #BWGWAAHL
- clean all equipment associated with application Anchor: #PYKPUULF
- check equipment for proper operation before next storm Anchor: #USCBSJQD
- service equipment as necessary to prepare for next storm.