Section 9: Snow Blower
Figure 3-8. Snow blower is an attachment that is used to remove large quantities of snow.Anchor: #i1004161
Well before a storm strikes, be sure to:
- Anchor: #YTWPSMHW
- service engine Anchor: #IPYJQEXB
- lubricate all fittings Anchor: #HGESWRWY
- check all electrical components Anchor: #CRLQTQEI
- attach to loader and check operation of snow blower Anchor: #PCOOXXTF
- start blower monthly (service day) to keep system charged Anchor: #XEFGLAIX
- ensure snow blower is full of fuel.
During the storm activities
While using the equipment during a storm:
- Anchor: #LHEEPLKH
- lubricate after each eight hours of use Anchor: #KESIRQLP
- check all attachment points at two-hour intervals (pins, hoses, etc.) Anchor: #AYKCAPOC
- perform walk around during operation to check for problems.
Post storm activities
Once the storm is over, be sure to:
- Anchor: #SFLRSNBO
- clean equipment Anchor: #DOQPCINJ
- lubricate all fittings and moveable points on the equipment Anchor: #MXVDAQDJ
- check operation of equipment before removal from loader to ensure correct operation before storing Anchor: #ULSYSPQO
- service equipment as necessary.