Section 8: Snow Wing
Figure 3-7. The snow wing attachment provides extra width on a motor grader or truck for plowing two lanes at a time or picking up a lane and a shoulder at the same time.Anchor: #i1004062
Well before a storm strikes, be sure to:
- Anchor: #TDARPLYR
- lubricate all fittings and moveable points on the snow wing Anchor: #SSGQIHVI
- check attachment points for tightness: they should be rigid Anchor: #DHOMFFNV
- check blade and mold board for damage and replace blade if necessary Anchor: #HXTTMLSG
- check all hydraulic fittings and connections Anchor: #KGSHGCLX
- attach to equipment to check operation of snow wing.
During the storm activities
While using the equipment during a storm:
- Anchor: #TTYRHWFF
- perform occasional walk around to ensure no leaks or other problems Anchor: #SUIMKFUB
- check blade periodically for wear.
Post storm activities
Once the storm is over, be sure to:
- Anchor: #YWMGXIHC
- clean equipment Anchor: #CHJEHTQC
- lubricate all fittings and moveable parts Anchor: #LSTLBWUJ
- check blade and mold board for wear or damage Anchor: #COVQTAJS
- replace blade if necessary to prepare for future storms Anchor: #JTEYWYTR
- check all welds for fatigue cracks.