Section 4: Handicapped ParkingAnchor: #i1000952
Handicapped Parking Sign
The Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (TMUTCD) discusses the various uses and requirements of handicapped (disabled) parking signing. The handicapped parking sign (R7-8T) carries the message RESERVED PARKING.
See the Standard Highway Sign Designs (SHSD) for typical pavement marking patterns for accessible parking.Anchor: #i1000977
Parking Space Design and Restrictions
Handicapped parking space design and restrictions are the responsibility of the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR).
For information regarding the Texas Architectural Barriers Act, Architectural Barriers Rules, or the Texas Accessibility Standards (TAS), contact TECHINFO at TDLR using one of the methods below:
- Anchor: #ASSFGRQK
- 877-278-0999 x42133 (Toll Free in Texas) Anchor: #BHBSQLAM
- 512-539-5669 Anchor: #SECALAFO
- 512-539-5690 FAX Anchor: #NDDLSETN
- 800-735-2989 (Relay Texas - TDD) Anchor: #PVECQBYG
- 800-735-2988 (Relay Texas - Voice) Anchor: #TQBVYEKW
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Licenses and Permits
Members of the public should contact their county of residence to apply for vehicle license plates or temporary permits to use disabled parking spaces.