Section 4: General Program Features of SAFETEA-LU Programs
Applicable requirements of SAFETEA-LU that remain in effect until all fiscal year carry-over funds are expended include:
- Section 405 - Occupant Protection Incentive Grant (23 C.F.R. Part 1345)
- Section 406 - Incentive Grants to Support Increased Seat Belt Use Rates (Title 23 U.S.C. § 2005)
- Section 408 - State Traffic Safety Information System Improvements Grants (Title 23 U.S.C. § 2006)
- Section 410 - Alcohol Impaired Driving Countermeasures (23 C.F.R. Part 1313)
- Section 1906 - Grant Program to Prohibit Racial Profiling (P.L. 109-59, Section 1906, SAFETEA-LU)
- Section 2010 - Motorcyclist Safety Grants (23 C.F.R. Part 1350)
- Section 2011 - Child Safety and Child Booster Seat Incentive Grants (P.L. 109-59, Section 2011, SAFETEA-LU).
The Texas Traffic Safety Program is governed by federal regulations issued by NHTSA. NHTSA has developed a comprehensive, easy to navigate website that includes the foregoing federal laws, regulations, rules and other cited procedural documents. The NHTSA Highway Safety Grants Management Resources Guide provides all necessary information to assist state and federal professionals to manage highway safety grant programs administered by NHTSA. Also included in the above website is NHTSA’s Highway Safety Grant Funding Guidance, which has been revised as of August 24, 2015.