Manual Notice: 2016-1
From: Carol T. Rawson, P.E., Traffic Operations Division
Manual: Traffic Safety Program Manual
Effective Date: April 01, 2016
The purpose of this manual notice is to advise readers and users of the Traffic Safety Program Manual that the manual has been revised to update information on changes in federal laws affecting the Texas Traffic Safety Program and to include more specific information on grants for Selective Traffic Enforcement Programs and on auditing procedures used by the Texas Department of Transportation to ensure compliance with federal rules and regulations.
The contents of the Traffic Safety Program Manual have been changed as follows:
- Information on federal laws pertaining to the Texas Traffic Safety Program has been updated throughout the manual.
- Information has been updated throughout the manual on the use of eGrants, including procedural information for the application and management of Texas Traffic Safety Program grants through the eGrants system.
- Information has been updated throughout the manual to reflect the change in the structure of the Texas Traffic Safety Program to include district Traffic Safety Specialists as full-time employees of the TxDOT Traffic Operations Division's Traffic Safety Section (TRF-TS).
- Information was added to Chapter 3 of the manual to clarify Selective Traffic Enforcement Program (STEP) policies and procedures.
- Information was added to Chapters 4 and 6 of the manual to clarify procedures used to evaluate and grade subgrantee performance.
- Information was added to Chapter 5 of the manual to clarify documentation requirements for traffic safety and STEP grants.
- Information was added to Chapter 7 of the manual to clarify policies and procedures employed to audit subgrantee performance and compliance with federal rules and regulations.
Address questions concerning information contained in this manual to Garry Rand of the TxDOT Traffic Operations Division-Traffic Safety Section by email at Garry.Rand@txdot.gov, or by phone at (979) 778-9715.
Past manual notices are available in a PDF archive.