Section 2: Reviewing Assigned ScheduleAnchor: #i1000260
Each member of the traffic counter crew should review the assigned schedule and identify the following information:
- date of the counting assignment
- hours for the counting shift
- map location of the counting site, including
- TxDOT District
- counting station’s identification number
- GPS decimal coordinates for latitude and longitude
- type of count
- directional (two directions of traffic flow)
- three-way (three directions of traffic flow)
- four-way (four directions of traffic flow)
- highway number (the leg of traffic to be counted)
- a single lane or multilane road flowing in one direction indicates one leg.
- direction (direction of traffic flow from the station
- south, etc.
- Nearest town in direction of traffic flow
- nearest town northward
- nearest town southward, etc.
- destination route to counting site
- check the planned route for road conditions (see Chapter 2, Section 5.)
- estimate drive time to arrive safely and ensure proper setup
- any special instructions on the assigned schedule