Manual Notice: 2017-1
From: Gus Cannon, CTCM, Right of Way Division Director
Manual: Utility Manual
Effective Date: November 15, 2017Anchor: #URCLQECD
This revision is intended to update the manual to match current requirements and procedures.Anchor: #RHVQSUWB
- Anchor: #MXAUGTJR
- In Section 1, updated form numbers to standard format, and added new forms ROW-U-MA, ROW-U-NOPC, and ROW-U-NORA. Anchor: #XJDGWWCU
- In Section 5, updated the types of right of way releases for utility work.
- Anchor: #VGWTPFEH
- In Section 2, updated subsection titled “Released - Limited for Preliminary Utility Activities - Right of Way Subprocess Activity 1”. Also replaced TxDOT External Audit with TxDOT Utility Portfolio Section Audit.
- Anchor: #XRXOSGHS
- In Section 2, updated links for Buy America requirements. Anchor: #FBMJSPPY
- In Section 3, updated links for relevant Transportation Code.
- Anchor: #SYIQSTPN
- In Section 1, remove requirement that letter to utility contains a date of early right of way release for utilities.
- Anchor: #EILMMMKM
- In Section 2, reduced the number of plans that the utility is required to submit.
- Anchor: #YNAUQLJC
- In Section 1, added information on cost estimates. Anchor: #ERXSOOED
- Changed title of Section 2 from “Estimate Categories” to “Cost Estimate Methods and Categories”, and updated content. Anchor: #PHAFIESX
- In Section 3, removed formula for assessing consultant fees & raised limit from $100,000 to $500,000 for requiring ROW Division approval of lump sum agreements. Anchor: #TIMMLHGK
- Added new Section 4, “Buy America Guidelines”.
- Anchor: #DTCLLFBJ
- In Section 3, updated subsection “Preliminary Requirements”. Anchor: #AXHLOFXR
- Removed Section 11, “Buy America Guidelines”.
- Anchor: #BDYOBRNV
- Updated Section 2 “Prerequisites”, and added ROW Division approval requirement for lump sum agreements over $500,000.
- Anchor: #LFBKTGJH
- Updated Section 2, “Changes in Approved Work”.
- Anchor: #KMKKNWQX
- In Section 1, further clarified timeline for utility to submit invoice & updated utility responsibilities in billing/payment process. Also changed External Audit to ROW Utility Portfolio Section Audit. Anchor: #XJSRTBTH
- In Sections 2 & 3, added wording that documentation requirements for Buy America must be met before TxDOT makes partial payments & before final billing. Anchor: #IJCRQIJN
- Updated Section 5 to show audit by ROW Division Utility Portfolio Section instead of External Audit.
- Anchor: #XUNNBJHR
- Corrected grammatical and typographical errors. Anchor: #TQDOAVLY
- Updated names of various ROW Division sections.
Charon Williams, EIT, CTCM, Right of Way Division Utility Portfolio Section Director, 512.416.2135Anchor: #DLWIXOQL
Past manual notices are available in a PDF archive.