Manual Notice: 2016-1
From: Gus Cannon, CTCM, Right of Way Division Director
Manual: Utility Manual
Effective Date: May 01, 2016Anchor: #URCLQECD
This revision removes the requirement for ROW Division approval of utility agreements, utility supplemental agreements, and emergency work authorizations. The revision also updates guidance provided to district operations.Anchor: #RHVQSUWB
Chapter 2, TxDOT-Utility Cooperative Management Process and Subprocess:
- Anchor: #YNAUQLJC
- Replaced “TxDOT ROW Division” with “District” in Section 2 Right of Way Utility Adjustment Subprocess.
Chapter 8, Procedures for Utility Adjustments, Section 1 Adjustments, Section 2 Utility Property Ownership, Section 3 Right of Way Costs, Section 4 Emergency Adjustment, and Section 8 Local Utility Procedure edited to do the following:
- Anchor: #BGXQIUVT
- replace “ROW Division” with “District”, Anchor: #ITAEQXEY
- modify requirement for ROW Division approval of compensation consideration claims & eligibility ratios < 100%, Anchor: #TVMYVEFO
- modify requirements to submit certain information to ROW Division, Anchor: #DGSQADSJ
- modify the procedures for approving emergency work authorizations.
Chapter 9, Forms and Agreements, all sections edited to do the following:
- Anchor: #MXLEVVFX
- change lump sum agreement from a $100,000 to a $500,000 ceiling Anchor: #KQBPKEJD
- remove discussion of district tier levels, Anchor: #TSOXNVSO
- modify requirement for ROW Division to approve actual cost and lump sum agreements, Anchor: #BIURYDFP
- add District Engineer approval authority for utility agreements, supplemental utility agreements, and emergency work authorizations, Anchor: #JGRPJABA
- remove or reduce requirements to submit certain information to ROW Division, Anchor: #XCTHTIXK
- remove “Monetary Cap”, “Betterment”, and “Accrued Depreciation” subsections Anchor: #DPHYMORF
- modify the “District Letter of Authority” subsection Anchor: #FGIJQFEL
- add text related to ROW Division review memo.
Gus Cannon, CTCM, Right of Way Division Director, 512.416.2852Anchor: #DLWIXOQL
Past manual notices are available in a PDF archive.