Section 6: Resource SharingAnchor: #MMNFKNFJ
TxDOT can execute an agreement for use of a particular area, rather than execute a lease, if doing so benefits TxDOT. The provisions of such an agreement must be in accordance with 43TAC, Part 1, §25.801- §25.806, and specifically §25.803.
- Anchor: #UGMCQYTF
- The agreement with a telecommunications provider if the provisions of the agreement: Anchor: #HYVROKTK
- The agreement will allow the provider
- Anchor: #TNMAKKVR
- place the provider’s telecommunications facilities within the median of a divided State or Federal highway; or Anchor: #RPBVHPKU
- use telecommunications facilities owned or installed by TxDOT in or on the improved portion of a State or Federal highway, including the median, structures, equipment, and conduit.
- The agreement may benefit TxDOT in the form of: Anchor: #LVHKQDIT
- The agreement will contain the specific details of each project. This agreement may include, but not be limited to, requirements concerning:
Where applicable, any agreement should be cleared with local LPAs, and requires approval by FHWA on Federal-aid highways, per 23CFR 645.113.
The shared use of right of way and telecommunication facilities may benefit TxDOT’s goal to create an “Intelligent Traffic System” (ITS), by which TxDOT can use the telecommunication industry to provide: